Join Our Team
Environmental Education & Economic Opportunity VISTA
Application Deadline: May 19th, 2023 by 11:59pm
Term Length: July 17, 2023 – July 17, 2024
Friends of Deckers Creek, a nonprofit watershed group in Morgantown, West Virginia, is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual that can develop, plan, and execute environmental education and community outreach programming, assist with scientific monitoring, and engage in field work.
In this full-time position, the FODC VISTA will have the opportunity to engage in a year of service while gaining a breadth of experience in project planning, grant writing, environmental education, scientific monitoring, water remediation, event organization, and nonprofit management. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to break into the nonprofit or environmental sector!
- Take the lead role in FODC's community outreach efforts
- Organize fundraising events Perform grant research and grant writing
- Maintain existing and build new partnerships and programs with schools and other local organizations
- Collect water quality and biological community data in the field
- Create outreach materials such as e-newsletters, newsletters, and annual reports
- Aid in volunteer coordination and administrative support
- $200 per month housing stipend
- 20 days PTO in addition to federal holidays
- Flexible full time work schedule
- Possibility of remote work
- Educational Award or Bonus at service end
- Healthcare, childcare, and food assistance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Pet friendly office
- Working in an interesting and exciting field!
Send your resume to email@example.com. Cover letters not required but strongly recommended. Any questions can be directed to FODC staff by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at (304) 292-3970.